Accidental Quilter

Love to quilt, but don't have time to maintain a website--so here's a quilt blog instead. I'll try to post photos of new quilts and friends and any new quilt tips I learn along the way!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States

http://wwww.maryzcox.com

Thursday, July 28, 2005

From the accidental quilter's studio shelf


1876 Handcrank Wilcox & Gibbs sewing machine. This machine will chain stitch. :) The original owner's manual boasts it has every desirable quality: simplicity, speed, durability,silence, lightness of action, elegance and cleanliness. This machine works, but a woman with stronger arms than me would have had to owned it to realize the speed feature. :) If you want to peek at a wall hanging that I made to honor this machine--scroll down and look in the background of the first photo of this blog. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home