Accidental Quilter

Love to quilt, but don't have time to maintain a website--so here's a quilt blog instead. I'll try to post photos of new quilts and friends and any new quilt tips I learn along the way!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tallahassee, Florida, United States

http://wwww.maryzcox.com

Monday, August 01, 2005

Hey--I can twirl in here now--no more boxes to the ceiling!


Good ideas: Cutting/layout table is situated so that I can walk around it and rotary cut from both sides. Ruler organizer is on the end of the table. Book cart revolves and has storage for book display on three sides and plastic tubs to hold more notions or patterns on the third side. Wood floors are easy on legs and easy to sweep or vacuum threads. :)
Bad ideas: The last studio (my son's old room) had tile flooring--leg killers and difficult to clean. Poor use of wall space. I need to move decorative pictures and isolated thread holders to the other walls and open up the wall to the left to be a design wall.
More photos and tips coming soon!
Q.
Dear Miz Quilts, Okay, Miz Smartypants--where is your fabric? I don't see any in the photos! What did you do with that--hang it from the ceiling?

A. Dear Kind Quilter, Please look at the closed closet door to the walk-in closet. LOL. Shelves, baskets, hanging nets--an incredible amount of fat quarters and bolts can be stored in a small walk in closet--just remember to leave a space to "walk in." :)
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home